Cariad

Cariad is nearly finished (in the garden)

The Bristol Channel Pilot Cutter Cariad was built in 1904 by E. Rowles in Pill near Bristol.

She was the last pilot cutter still working in 1922 and later became a yacht. A 22 hp engine was added.

The ship was at the Exeter Maritime Museum in the 1970s and was acquired for further preservation at Newport, Wales in 1988. She has subsequently been restored and is in private ownership.

 

 

The white sail makes this one recognisable

Sailing on the Marine Lake in Portishead

Cariad is a Welsh word and means "Love" or "Darling"

   

 

Return to Model Page

Return to Home Page