Egypt Point Lighthouse A0572,  Isle of Wight UK

    Latitude 50 Deg 46 Min N
    Longitude 1 Deg 18.7 Min W

    Established 1897

    Height of tower 7 meters

    Elevation 8 meters

    Character Fl W 10s

    Range 18 M

This light is situated at Egypt Point near the entrance to Cowes Harbour. The light was discontinued in 1989 and was handed over to the Local Authority in 1997 to be maintained as a landmark.

 

 

 

The lantern now stands by the entrance of the Trinity House Lighthouse Museum in Penzance. We took the picture to prove it in September 2004

 



Back to Lighthouse Page


Return to Home Page