Kaiserschleuse East Side Lighthouse B1264
Height of tower:
Fog signal: Bell, (4) 10s
15th July 1900
Bremerhaven is nicknamed the City of Lighthouses, because there is such a variety of lights in this busy harbour town.
The Harbour Builder Rudloff built this architectual marvel in 1900 to guide ships into the Kaiserhafen, the protected harbour in downtown Bremerhaven entered through a lock, the Kaiserschleuse.
The familiar sound of the fog bell has given the cute little tower the local nicknames of Klingelturm or Pingelturm or "kleiner Glockenturm" (little bell tower).
Back to Lighthouse Page
Return to Home Page